Informal Bidders List under UPCCAA
The Big Bear Area Regional Wastewater Agency has adopted the Uniform Public Construction Cost Accounting Act (UPCCAA) as set forth in California Public Contract Code Section 22010, which allows the Agency to conduct informal bids for public works construction projects from $60,000 to $200,000.
The Agency invites all interested California licensed contractors who are properly and currently licensed, subject to verification through the Contractors State License Board, to submit their company for inclusion on the Agency’s Contractors List for each respective calendar year. All trade categories are subject to the informal bidding procedures. All contractors on the Contractors List for the category of work bid will be mailed, faxed, or emailed a Notice Inviting Informal Bids unless the product or service is proprietary.
Contractors are required to complete and submit the application below and meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess a valid California contractor’s license for the work to be performed;
- Be registered and qualified to perform public work pursuant to Section 1725.5 of the California Labor Code, subject to limited legal exceptions under California Labor Code 1771.1;
- Meet all applicable safety standards under OSHA, state, and federal regulations;
- Meet insurance requirements;
- Pursuant to Part 7, Chapter 1, Article 2, Section 1770 et. seq. of the California Labor Code, the contractor and its subcontractors shall pay their labor forces not less than the general prevailing wage rate of per diem wages as determined by the State of California Director of Industrial Relations (DIR); and
- Meet the bonding requirements, including a contract payment and performance bond. A bid bond or substitute securities for an amount of ten percent (10%) of the aggregate total bid may be required. Minumum insurance requirements are outlined in the Purchase Order Terms and Conditions for Services document. Note: Any insurance requirements above these minimum requirements will be posted with the procurement documents on the RFPs, RFQs, Procurement page.
General Engineering (Class A) and/or General Building (Class B) contractors should select those categories of work in which they have the applicable license, specialized knowledge and skill, and in which they would be interested in participating in an informal bidding process with BBARWA.Contractor List.pdfContractor Registration Application.pdfBBARWA Purchase Order Terms and Conditions for Services.pdfResolution No. R. 07-2020 Electing to Become Subject to UPCCAA.pdfOrdinance No. O. 01-2020 Establishing Bidding Procedures.pdf
The State of California Department of Industrial Relations has determined prevailing wages for certain categories of workers. Questions about prevailing wages in the State of California should be addressed to the Division of Labor Statistics and Research, Prevailing Wage Unit, P.O. Box 420603, San Francisco, CA 94142 or call (415) 703-4774.